Help fund OPC
OPC relies on the community for support. It receives no government funds.
We welcome donations from individuals, businesses, unions, foundations, community agencies and others. Contributions are eligible for a charitable tax receipt.
Centretown Community Health Centre serves as our anchor agency, receiving and receipting charitable donations through their CanadaHelps portal.
As well, the Ottawa Community Foundation has created a special Fund to channel donor funds to support OPC’s work.
Why do we need support?
Donations will help fund expenses for:
- Hearings: venues, translation, taping
- Report: research, production, distribution
- Outreach: community contact, hosting
- Communications: website, media relations
- Fundraising: appeals, donor follow up
- Administration: receipting donations, making payments
- Staff salaries to support above activities
- Commissioners’ honoraria
In-kind contributions and offers of support are also welcome.
Your contribution, however small, can make a big difference, ensuring the community’s voice is heard.